Monday, June 14, 2010

New Ramblings

Good morning everyone!  It's yet another cloudy day here in lovely northern Indiana, but we won't let that get us down!  At the moment I am downloading some pictures to Flickr so that I can create a slideshow of pictures for you all.  These pictures include my art house, my artistic daughter (with her own face painting), my dog, and my favorite flower and tree.  I hope you enjoy them all.  Having such a peaceful place to live, with an amazing place to create is more than anyone could ask for.  I have truly been blessed.

The art house my husband built me is incredible.  Is it huge?  No, but I don't need a lot of space.  We have gotten some creative storage ideas for my supplies, and I have plenty of space within which to work.  The walls are mine to do with as I wish.  In the winter I have a little heater that does extremely well in heating my area.  My husband insulated the little house very well!  With the doors closed, the blinds open, and the music playing, I am in my own little world, doing as I wish.  It's my favorite place to be!  This is my first summer with the building, and it is better than I have ever thought!  I only play music sometimes now, because I prop open the doors and enjoy the sounds of nature.  We have plenty of birds, crickets, and frogs who make music enough to inspire.  Plus, the view of my backyard and the neighboring fields is breathless!  I can see my favorite tree from my art house (I'm a bit of a freak about trees).  I can see my garden (which is in desperate need of weeding!), and I can see Ava's trampoline and swimming pool.  If she and her friends are out there playing, I can keep an eye on them while I work.  It's the perfect place to work.  Now, in the pictures you should know that I am nowhere near finished decorating my little cottage.  It takes time, and I do it little by little.  But I will keep you updated as I add more.

In the evening I love to sit on my little stool right outside of my art cottage to watch the sky and listen to the music of nature all while breathing it in.  There is no better way to end my day - except, of course, being more productive.  Lately I have not been as inspired or productive.  It really stinks!  But I am determined not to let that get me down!  I am taking a special artist's date tomorrow (one of the assignments in Walking in this World).  Plus I work on things a little bit at a time.  That's what's frustrating to me.  I don't want to work on things a little bit at a time.  I want to work for hours - chunks of time that I can get something accomplished.  I have been laxed in meeting my goals.  I am totally frustrated by myself.  So what do I do?  I get my rear in gear!

Tomorrow I am taking a train ride to Chicago to go to Utrecht, and to visit one of my great friends - Aimee - I am so excited!  This trip will be completely on my own - which I have not done much of.  I am looking forward to all that the day brings, and I know that this will help in my inspiration.  A change of scenery usually does.  Plus, I have started to work on my tree lady again.  I started a portrait many months ago, and once I got to a certain point, she just sat there staring and me and taunting me.  But this week I have started to paint more of her leaves.  That is a huge step for me!  I refuse to let her glare at me anymore.  I know that she wants to be worked on, and to evolve into what she is supposed to be.  I'll share her with you when she is finished.  Until then, I will keep working.

Okay, now the positivity has really kicked in (that's the only way to be!).  Just remember that even on your down days, there is always hope.  There is always a spark of something that will begin to lift you up.  God places these here for us because He knows there is always hope.  Even in our darkest days, it's there.  We may not always see it right away, but if we give ourselves time and grace, we will see it.  He provides so much for us, and I know that I am truly blessed.  We all are.  That was my positive message for the day.  I'll leave you with that to ponder and think on.  Hey, who knows, maybe you will even get your journals (art or written) out and do an entry on it.  Heck, I may even do that myself!  Stay tuned - next time I will share my artist's date with you, and let you know if I have truly gotten out of my funk (I hope so!).  Until then, have a great day!  Be inspired by all that is around you!  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment