Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meeting Two Goals!!!!

 

Well, so far this summer I have already met two of my personal goals!  The first was a creative goal.  For decades (geez I sound old!) I had been able to draw people fairly well.  Shading was one of my favorite things to do when it came to drawing.  The same still exists in both drawing and now painting.  For the past couple of years I had wanted to challenge myself by painting a portrait.  Fear had always gotten in the way of me actually putting this into practice.  Finally I mustered up the courage.  I posted the painting in my last blog if you would like to see it.  I am pleasantly surprised by the outcome of my efforts.  Of course I have room to grow when it comes to painting people, but I do love my first attempt!

Goal #2
Riding a bicycle has been a huge deal for me as of the last year (thanks to a friend who is a bicycle riding enthusiast and a great inspiration when it comes to riding).  Before today, 14 miles was the farthest ride I have ever completed.  I had decided a while ago that I wanted to be able to ride to the Starbucks in Dunlap, enjoy a beverage, and ride home.  Today I accomplished that goal!!!!  Ava was spending the day with her grandmother, and the weather was beautiful.  There was a bit too much wind for my taste, and I was very slow on the way there.  I did, however, shave ten minutes off of my time on the way back.  Could have been the caffeine though.  :)  My legs were also not used to some of the hills, and I did have to walk my bike part way up a couple of them.  But I was not worried about the speed, or making it completely up all of the hills.  I just wanted to get to starbucks and back.  My goal was completed today!  I was so excited!  Although I have been rather whooped the rest of the day, and my legs and butt are aching like crazy, just reaching that goal made me so happy.  One more step in proving to myself that I can do anything that I set my mind to.

Goal #3

I plan on reaching goal number three this weekend.  You will have to stay tuned to see if I complete it.  My next post will be posted on Monday evening.  Hope to see you all there!  Until then, have a fabulous time!

No comments:

Post a Comment