Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting Ready...

Hey everyone!  Man, although there is not a lot to setting up your Etsy shop, at the same time there is!  There are so many decisions to be made.  I am trying to be smart and careful when it comes to my policies,  because I have never done this before.  I want to be fair to both my consumer and myself.  There are so many decisions to be made.  I am almost finished though.  The only things that I have left to do are to finish a couple of paintings and list my first item!  I am so excited!

But I am learning so much during this process.  Last night and today I have accomplished some huge steps when it comes to technology.  You see, I'm not much of a technological person.  My little sister usually helps me out when things get a little tough.  I don't usually try and find the answer, I just call up Amy (thanks Amy!).  However, I have done all of this almost entirely by myself.  Last night I figured out (all on my own) how to change the pixellations of a picture on my computer.  I had to do this in order to get my logo on my Etsy shop.  At first I was freaking out that the piece I had made to represent my logo would not work because the pixels were too big.  I was determined though.  Google became my best friend, and she and I together figured it out.  Yes, it took quite a while, but we did it!  Then today I printed my business cards.  My little sister did help me create them last night.  I knew what I wanted, but I couldn't figure out the templates.  She helped me with that.  But when I got home and tried to print them, it wouldn't work right.  The information would not work on the cards I had.  I called Amy, and she told me to look at the template number on the carton, and find that number within Microsoft.  So I tried.  But it wasn't there.  At this point I felt like the universe was against me and that my shop would not be able to open on time.  Then I noticed on the carton there was a website for free template downloads.  Got it!  But I still couldn't get them quite right.  After playing with it for a little while (not near as long as the pixels) I finally printed out my first good batch of cards!  Hooray!  I am overcoming my technical difficulties and growing in so many ways!

I told you all I would keep you updated on how well this was going.  So far, so good.  I haven't broken down, and I have learned so much!  I know that I am truly ready for this step.  The steps I am taking just seem natural.  Even when there is a snag, I still flow through it.  When have you experienced this type of natural flow with a project?  I'd love to hear!  Leave a comment and let me know!  Good day!

Take care!  I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment