Sunday, November 14, 2010

Creative Soul Day #1

Yay!  Day number one, and I accomplished my task.   A friend of mine taught me how to make these.  She taught me using wool sweaters.  I enjoy the wool sweater ones.  They have a fullness about them that the ones I made do not.  However, the ones I made have clean lines.  For some reason, a lot of my artwork has clean lines.  I think that is part of the style that I have honed in the past two years.  Each has something good to say.  I'll have to see how these look in my hair.  I definitely think that they look adorable in Ava's.  I'll have to make some and add embellishments to the petals - like ribbon or beads.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think. 



I'm not sure what project I will have for you all tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it will be fun.  Now I'm off to watch Parenthood, and maybe even sketch!  Have a peaceful night everyone! ~Peace~ S.

5 comments:

  1. They are soooo cute. I love them. I think I love the blue one the best. And your little model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tearing (sp?) up thinking about and looking at Ava's picture and seeing a familiar face... one that I haven't physically seen in what?... 25 years? How awful. But then I realize how blessed I am to have been a part ... here and there... and off an on... of the journey.
    The accessories are super fantastic too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather! I think so too, but I'm a little biased about my model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...Janie! I miss you too! We'll have to plan something. Next time you are in Chicago, let me know. I'll take the train. But you were there all the way bud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fellow Flyer, Stephanie! I think these are super cute! Maybe you could do a little post on how to make them, if it's not too complicated, I would love to learn how! Congrats on your 365-day project.

    ReplyDelete