Friday, November 26, 2010

Creative Soul Day #13

Look!  Two days in a row!  What a fabulous day as well.  My friend Laura came over this morning and we talked artist and soul speak for a few hours while we created.  She worked on a watercolor of a butterfly wing on special paper that she created.  It was coming along beautifully.  I can't wait to see it when it is finished.  We also came up with some creative projects to do with our Monday night crazies group.  :)  Hopefully everyone else likes the ideas as well.  Our Monday night groups are amazing.  We are all women who share food, creativity, and a zest for life.  They are a beautiful group.  Anyway, it has been a brilliant day from then on.

So I have started a new piece of art for a submission to one of the Sommerset Magazines.  I may need to do a series of works before I turn it in, but it is due in just a couple of weeks, so I am not sure how many pieces I will be able to come up with.  The one above is just the beginning of a piece that I am working on.  I have some other pieces to it, but they have not been adhered, and I do not want to spoil the surprise of a finished piece.  So you will have to wait until tomorrow to see more of what will be included in this "Fearless" piece.  That seems to be my theme in the past couple of journal pages that I have completed.  I think that I am calling for myself to be more fearless in all aspects of my life.  My fearlessness began in college when I decided that I needed to speak more in classes if I was going to become a teacher.  That worked for me.  Then it surfaced again two years ago when I began this creative journey that just keeps getting better every day.  I wonder what my fearless nature is calling me to add to its repertoire.  It will reveal itself to me, as God wills it to be.  As soon as I know, you all will know as well.

Good night everyone!  Sleep well, and have imaginative dreams.  ~Peace~ S.

No comments:

Post a Comment