Thursday, November 25, 2010

Creative Soul Day #9, 10, 11, & 12

Okay, so I totally stink at posting every day.  I have been trying, but obviously not diligently enough.  So I will work on that.  I have, however, been working on art every day.  Today all I did was mat the picture I am about  to show you, but I am going to do some art journaling after I get finished here.  I just wanted to make sure that I got my post out today.  So I will continue to do art every day, but I'm not sure it will get posted every day, although I will do my best.  One thing that I have noticed though, is that I am a slow artist.  I am just a slow person overall.  I have been ever since I was little.  And for those of you reading, I don't mean I'm slow in the head (although some would argue otherwise).  I'm a slow walker, a slow cleaner, a slow eater, and a slow artist.  It drives my husband crazy sometimes!  My daughter also inherited that trait from me.  You would think that since I am the same way, I should be patient when Ava is that way.  I try, believe me I do, but I now understand my husband's frustration when you are trying to get somewhere by a certain time, and someone doesn't have any sense of urgency.  It can be infuriating.  But I try to be patient with her.  Anyway, back to me being a slow artist.  What takes my friends an hour to do, can take me two or three.  Plus, I don't usually have two or three hours to do art all in one chunk.  So the painting I am about to show you took me quite some time to finish.  Keep in mind that I have not worked with watercolors for long, nor have I worked with painting portraits for very long.  The piece I am about to show you was given as a gift to my brother-in-law.  He's a big hunter, and he is really tough to buy for.  So I thought this would make a nice gift for him.  He doesn't have any paintings of himself as a hunter.  So this is what I have been finishing up for the last few days - working a little bit here and there.  I'm happy to say he seemed to genuinely like it.

I'm also very excited about tomorrow morning because my friend Laura is coming over to do art for a couple of hours.  Whenever she comes, I do get to sit for a couple of hours and work on art.  So tomorrow night I should have more to show you.  It's also my older sister's birthday - Happy Birthday Michele!  I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving, and are thankful for many things.  I know that I am very thankful for my family, as well as for my friends - new and old.  Life is good, even when it's tough.  See you all tomorrow!  Have a magnificant day, and treat one another well.  ~Peace~ S.

No comments:

Post a Comment